Exploration

EXPLORE
  • 1950

    Southwest Highway Administration was established in January 1950, which was renamed as Ministry of Transport of Southwest Military Administrative Committee in April in the same year. It was again renamed as Southwest Highway Engineering Bureau of Ministry of Transport at the end of 1952. In February of 1953, Design Bureau of Southwest Highway Engineering Bureau of Ministry of Transport” was established.

  • 1954

    The Ministry of Transport established the Design Bureau of General Administration of Highways and set up five highway design sub-bureaus (Institutes), including the First Sub-bureau (Chongqing), the Second Sub-bureau (Wuhan), the Third Sub-bureau (Shanghai), the Forth Sub-bureau (Shenyang) and the Fifth Sub-bureau (Xi’an). The First (Chongqing) Highway Design Sub-bureau (Institute) was renamed from the "Design Bureau of Southwest Highway Engineering Bureau of Ministry of Transport".

  • 1963

    In August, the Preparatory Office of the Second Highway Survey and Design Institute of Ministry of Transport was established. On March 1, 1964, the Second Highway Survey and Design Institute of Ministry of Transport was formally established through the merger of the First (Chongqing), the Second (Wuhan) and the Forth (Shenyang) highway design sub-bureaus, which is located at No.19 Building, Zone A, Zhoutouxincun, Hanyang District, Wuhan.

  • 1985

    Before January, the Company mainly undertook the tasks of survey and design for major arterial highways of national defense assigned by the Ministry of Transport and gave aid to highway construction in third world countries in Africa and Asia.

Leaping Development

SPAN
  • Leaping Development

In May of 1999, the Company was separated from the Ministry of Transport and renamed as CCCC Second Highway Consultants Institute, turning itself into a technology-based enterprise and owned by China Road & Bridge Corporation. In December of 2005, together with China Harbour Engineering Company Limited, China Road & Bridge Corporation was restructured as China Communications Construction Group, and CCCC Second Highway Consultants Co., Ltd became a wholly-owned subsidiary of China Communications Construction Group. In October of 2006, China Communications Construction Company Limited was established, and CCCC Second Highway Consultants Institute became a wholly-owned subsidiary of it and was renamed as CCCC Second Highway Consultants Co., Ltd, starting a new journey under the modern corporation system.


The Company is planning transformation and development and leaping development under the strategy of "Five Business Fields" of CCCC. It now has formed a good development momentum strongly supported by four construction fields including highway engineering, urban and rural construction, rail transit and environmental ecology. It is advancing with big strides to the goal of "becoming world-class engineering consultation group".